In The Fashion Industry Its Not 'What' You Know But Rather 'Who' You Know! according to Annette Corrie- Director - La Mode College of Creative Industries [fashion expert] on her website www.fashiondesigncource.com ,she says "With over 10 years experience in the fashion industry, she has worked as a Fashion Designer and Ladies-wear buyer and she get to travel overseas 3 times a year to Tokyo, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Sydney and L.A.
As a Professional Fashion Designer ,Annette developed a skill to be able to predict what was going to be in fashion next, and what was going to sell! "Fashion isn't about how good you can draw or sketch, or how good you can sew a garment. Fashion Design is all about knowing what people want to wear and developing a garment that will sell at the right price to your customer!''
Here are Her Top 5 Tips for Getting Into The Fashion Industry:
1. Have Passion (for fashion)
2. Have Knowledge of new trends and emerging labels (know your competition)
3. Know what sells and what customers want to wear…
4. Be Prepared to do what it takes and work your way up
5. Know how the fashion industry and retail industry works.